A Live Virtual Tour
In Japan, an izakaya is where friends come together to share drinks and food after a day of work. And we want to bring that same authentic experience into your home! On this online tour, you’ll learn about izakaya culture, including how to properly drink sake and how to prepare the perfect Japanese table.
Note: This start time is in local Tokyo time. Please remember to check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local time.
- Experience the feeling of being in a Japanese izakaya bar, but from your own home
- Learn about sake, including how it’s made, its history, and how to choose your favorite sake
- Learn about Japanese table manners and practice your chopstick skills
- Get some #localsknow tips from your host for when you do visit Japan
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- By taking this experience, you are supporting a local tour guide unable to earn regular tourism income right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, snack recipes (sent out in advance)
Exclusions: Sake, chopsticks, ingredients for the recipes (or other snack of your choice). We recommend preparing your snacks in advance. We will not be cooking during this experience.
- Various times in the evening in North America
- Daily except Sunday
- Duration: 1 hour
- Meeting point: From the comfort of your own home! Note: This start time is in local Tokyo time. Please remember to check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local time.
- Starting time: Various
- Ending point: The comfort of your own home.
- Price: $33.00 CAD